When I comment on a facebook friend’s post I can see their friends’ comments even if they are not one of mine. Normally, this doesn’t bother me. But… there is a particular person I find offensive. Is there a way to hide or block their posts so I can’t see them?
Most likely you have figured out how to hide your friend’s posts. You can hover your mouse over any post on your wall and an “X” will appear in the upper right corner. When you click on it, you’ll get some choices.
- Hide this post
- Hide all posts by the person who posted
- Hide all *insert application name here*. This will only show up is the post is associated with an app, like Farmville. It’s my favorite option as all those application alerts drive me crazy. But, a quick click and you’ll be bothered by Farmville (or Zombieville, Horoscopes, or My Dog Just Ate Dinner etc.) no more.
If the person you want to block is not one of your friends, you won’t get the same option. You won’t see anything at all. You may think you are out of luck, but it isn’t so. You’ll just need to go to your privacy settings to add them to your block list.
- Go to Account –> Privacy Settings
- Select the “Block Lists” section at the bottom of the screen
- In the “Block Users” section you can enter their name (as it appears in Facebook) and/or email address.
- Select “Block”
Once you block someone, that person can no longer be your friend on Facebook or interact with you (except within apps and games you both use and groups you are both a member of). However, you can easily unblock them from the same page if you ever decide you want to see their posts again.
NOTE: Facebook likes to changes things pretty often. So, if you can’t find it they could have moved it into a little different area.