I was looking for an image link plugin for widgets when I found your post on linking images, but I need advice on how to link images in widgets(using the html for the image). I found a title link plugin, but the only image link plugin I could find warns that it is out of date and may not work (did not try it).
This seems simple but beyond me (just above novice). I would appreciate any help.
You have a few choices depending upon how you want to approach this.
- Find a widget that will display an image easily from your Media uploads. Try searching for “sidebar image” when looking.
- Find a widget that works well with any gallery module you are using. For instance, NexGen gallery has a widget that will let you insert a photo.
- Use the “Text” widget to add a piece of code to display the image.
Here is the Code:
<a href=”LINK”><img name=”" src=”SOURCE” width=”32″ height=”" alt=”" /></a>
Path to image:
- Upload a new image from the “Media” section of your website or click on an existing image from that library.
- While viewing the image you will see a “File URL” which is the location of the uploaded file. Copy that code and replace the word SOURCE above with it.
- Replace LINK with the path/page/url you want the image to link to.
- Change the “width” to whatever you want the width of the image to be.
<a href=”http://yourwebsite.com”><img name=”" src=”http://www.yourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/image.png” width=”200″ height=”" alt=”" /></a>