The Working Hours
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. This excludes major holidays.
The Project Flow
This is the typical project flow I follow:
- Discussion: We talk about your project and the message you are trying to get out.
- Estimate: After our discussion, I will provide you with a comprehensive estimate that covers specific items we discussed and costs associated with them.
- Retainer: When you are ready to start on your project, you can send in a retainer to schedule the job.
- Design and Proof: I will work on your project and provide a proof for you to review.
- Changes/revisions: You will submit any changes to me after your review and I will send you another proof. Jobs normally includes 3 rounds of content changes. Additional changes are subject to additional charges.
- Approval: After final design approval, your job will either be delivered to you, sent to the printer, or your website will be deployed (made live).
- Billing: You will receive an invoice for the balance of the job to be paid within 30 days.
- Remitted Payment: I receive the payment, dance a little jig, and go to the Bahamas.
- Design: A 50% deposit is required to schedule a job; balance due upon job completion, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed to by both of us.
- Printing: All orders that involve printing must be pre-paid to schedule the press.
- Web Hosting: Fees are due monthly, quarterly, or yearly (your decision) at the beginning of the cycle.
- Late Fees: Balances that are not paid within 30 days are due to a 1.5% late fee per month until the balance is paid.
- Payment Types: Check, money order, or cash. (Sadly, bananas and other produce will no longer be taken.) Credit cards are also accepted through www.lenashore.com and are processed through a secure server at PayPal Payment Systems. Automatic payments through your credit card are also available through PayPal Payment Systems upon request and can be cancelled at any time.
- Estimates vs. Invoices: Estimates are valid for 30 days from the proposal date. Unless otherwise noted, estimates do not cover taxes or shipping. Invoice totals may change if the specifics of the job have changed. Surprises on invoices aren’t good for anyone – if we have discussed new or additional costs that will significantly affect your final invoice, a new estimate will be provided in writing.
- Design: Average turnaround is 7–10 working days for the initial design to be given to you for review/approval (after you have provided all support materials). However, if you have a very complex project, this time can vary. After client approval, turnaround time is an additional 3-5 working days to complete the project.
- Web Design: Average turnaround is 10–14 working days for the initial static design to be given to you for review/approval (after you have provided all support materials). However, if you have a very complex site, this time can vary. After client approval, turnaround time is typically an additional 10-14 working days to complete the site. After final approval, your site will go live.
- Design and Web Changes: Minor design changes can usually be made and given to you for review/approval within 3 business days. If your changes are more complex, the turnaround time will be on a per-project basis determined by the current workload.
- Printing: If your project requires printing, assume 10 additional working days to complete printing on top of your design time.
The Rush Fees
Sometimes the normal turnaround just won’t cut it. Talk to me about your schedule so we can see if we can work something out. If we can’t do something within the normal time frame, you may find a rush fee beneficial.
- General: Rush charges are not automatically added to a job. You will need to approve of the charges before work begins. Rush fees may or may not be available due to scheduling conflicts and are accepted on a per-job basis. If you feel that a rush charge would benefit your project’s time line, please speak to me to discuss options.
- Rush Fees: Rush charges are based on the percentage of the cost of service. Add 25% for weekday rush jobs and 50% for weekend rush jobs with a $35 minimum rush fee.
You are expected to provide anything that is not covered in the estimate to complete the job. These items could include:
- Copy writing: Headlines and written content (body copy) needed for your project
- Logos: Your company logo or affiliate logos
- Photographs: Photographs of your business, employees, or stock photography
- Illustration: Cartoons, graphs, or any other visual need that isn’t covered by photography
- Video: Any videos or movies you might want to post on your site to get your message across
If you find that you need services in writing, illustration, search engine optimization, logo design, photography, or videography, let me know. I provide many of these services, but also have a great network of people to get your job done.